Sat, Aug 26|
Western Spirit Museum
Honoring Ukraine Independence Day - Community Address and Motorcade in Scottsdale
A vehicle procession will take place through the streets of Scottsdale following a community address so come prepared with your cars decorated and be ready to proudly display your blue and yellow.
Time & Location
Aug 26, 2023, 9:00 AM – 11:00 AM
Western Spirit Museum, 3830 N Marshall Way, Scottsdale, AZ 85251, USA
About the event
Event Description. We invite you to come to Scottsdale and show your solidarity with Ukraine in honor of Ukraine Independence Day. A vehicle procession will take place through the streets of Scottsdale so come prepared with your cars decorated and be ready to proudly display your blue and yellow.
When you arrive, make your way to the Western Spirit Museum's auditorium by 9:15am. There will be a brief program and community address honoring Ukraine's long struggle for independence. City of Scottsdale Mayor David Ortega has agreed to sign a proclamation formally acknowledging August 24th as Ukraine's Independence day. Mayor Ortega was invited and may be present at the event.
After the community address we will proceed to the Cactus Garden just to the west of the Museum for a group photo. The motorcade will depart by 10:15am and will be approximately 30min long. We will depart from the Stagebrush Theater parking lot (bring your personal belongings as we will not be returning). The route will end at the Scottsdale Public Library parking garage completing the event. There will be another optional photo opportunity at the LOVE sculpture at the Civic Center Park. Guests are free to leave after the route is complete but we encourage you to explore Old Town Scottsdale and what it has to offer, including popular restaurants, Main St. Art District and wine tasting rooms. Let’s flood the Old Town Scottsdale with blue and yellow after the motorcade.
Registration. You must register through Eventrbrite to participate in this event. Tickets are donation-based with a suggested participation donation of $30/vehicle but other amounts can be entered at checkout. Funds raised at this event will go to support Dignitas Fund working tirelessly to support the Ukrainian frontliners. Additinal donations are welcome. Please display your eventbrite ticket on the dashboard of your car when you arrive. Register here.
Parking. Primary parking lot is at the Stagebrush (Greasepaint) Theater. Limited public parking is also available along E. 2nd Street and Marshall way. Overflow parking is available in the underground parking garage next to the Museum of the West. For the motorcade, we will be queueing up along 2nd street and the ground parking lot of the Stagebrush theater. Please avoid parking at other nearby lots.
a. Take E. 2nd St to Goldwater Blvd.
b. Turn RIGHT onto Goldwater Blvd and follow it to Scottsdale Rd. Caution – road narrows.
c. Using the rightmost turning lane, make a LEFT onto Scottsdale Rd and stay in the right lane to McDonald Rd.
d. Turn RIGHT onto McDonald Dr.
e. Turn RIGHT onto Hayden Rd.
f. Turn RIGHT onto Osborn Rd. Pass safely through the roundabout.
g. Turn RIGHT onto Drinkwater Blvd.
h. Turn RIGHT into the Scottsdale Public Library garage and park. We will gather at the lowest level of the garage and walk to the park for LOVE sculpture photo. If you’re not staying for the photo, you are free to leave and explore Old Town Scottsdale.
*Motorcade participation terms and conditions:
1. This is NOT a city of Scottdale sponsored event and there will be no police involvement, traffic directing or street closures. Our motorcade will have a volunteer lead. You must stay in the right (curb) lane at all times.
2. Park in designated areas only (Stagebrush Theater, street parking and Museum of the West garage).
3. Follow the designated route. If you get separated, obey all traffic rules and complete the designated route. Practice safe driving at all times and stay under 40mph.
4. Flags and decorations must be securely fastened to your vehicle with no chance of items flying off during the procession.
5. Guests are required to carry vehicle liability and bodily injury insurance for participating vehicles. Organizers are not responsible for any damages in the event of a vehicle collision. Drivers are responsible for any infractions. All motorcade participants (drivers and non-drivers) must sign a liability waiver. Parents must sign for children under 18.
*By registering for the event, you agree to the terms and conditions.